· Influences on Cooperation in BitTorrent Communities, Nazareno Andrade, Miranda Mowbray, Aliandro Lima, Gustavo Wagner, Matei Ripeanu, 3rd Workshop on Economics of P2P Systems (P2P Econ), Philadelphia, PA, August ’05. [pdf]
· Globus and PlanetLab Resource Management Solutions Compared, Matei Ripeanu, Mic Bowman, Jeffrey Chase, Ian Foster, and Milan Milenkovic, 13th IEEE International Symposium on High Performance Distributed Computing (HPDC-13), Honolulu, Hawaii, June 2004; also as PlanetLab PDN-04-018. [pdf][ps]
Connecting Client Objectives with Resource
Capabilities: An Essential Component for Grid Service Management
Infrastructures, Asit Dan, Catalin Dumitrescu, and Matei Ripeanu, 2nd
International Conference on Service Oriented Computing (ICSOC), November 2004,
automated DIstributed PERformance
testing Framework, Catalin Dumitrescu, Ioan Raicu, Matei Ripeanu, and Ian
Foster, 5th IEEE/ACM International Workshop on Grid Computing
(Grid2004), November 2004,
· Cache Replacement Policies For Peer-to-Peer File-Sharing Protocols, Adam Wierzbicki, Nathaniel Leibowitz, Matei Ripeanu, and Rafał Woźniak, European Transactions on Telecommunications, Special Issue on P2P Networking and P2P Services, accepted 2004. [pdf]
Cache Replacement Policies Revisited: The
Case of P2P Traffic, Adam
Wierzbicki, Nathaniel Leibowitz, Matei Ripeanu,
and Rafał Woźniak,
4th GP2P Workshop, April 2004,
· Dynamic Creation and Management of Runtime Environments in the Grid, Kate Keahey, Matei Ripeanu, and Karl Doering, Workshop on Designing and Building Grid Services, GGF-9, October 2003, Chicago, IL. [pdf].
· To Share or Not to Share: An Analysis of Incentives to Contribute in Collaborative File Sharing Environments, Kavitha Ranganathan , Matei Ripeanu, Ankur Sarin and Ian Foster, Workshop on Economics of P2P Systems (P2P Econ), June 2003, Berkeley, CA. (a refined version in proceedings of CCGrid'04) [pdf].
· Deconstructing the Kazaa Network, Nathaniel Leibowitz, Matei Ripeanu, and Adam Wierzbicki, 3rd IEEE Workshop on Internet Applications (WIAPP'03), June 2003, San Jose, CA [pdf].
Giggle: A Framework for Constructing Scalable
Replica Location Services, Ann L. Chervenak, Ewa Deelman, Ian
Foster, Adriana Iamnitchi, Carl Kesselman, Wolfgang Hoschek, Peter Kunst, Matei
Ripeanu, Bob Schwartzkopf, Heinz Stockinger, Kurt Stockinger,
and Brian Tierney. SC2002, November 2002,
A Decentralized, Adaptive, Replica Location
Service, Matei Ripeanu and Ian Foster, 11th IEEE International
Symposium on High Performance Distributed Computing (HPDC-11),
· Locating Data in (Small-World?) P2P Scientific Collaborations, Adriana Iamnitchi, Matei Ripeanu and Ian Foster, 1st International Workshop on Peer-to-Peer Systems (IPTPS’02), Cambridge, MA, March 2002. LNCS 2429. [pdf]
· Mapping the Gnutella Network: Properties of Large-Scale Peer-to-Peer Systems and Implications for System Design, Matei Ripeanu; Ian Foster and Adriana Iamnitchi, in IEEE Internet Computing Journal special issue on peer-to-peer networking, vol. 6(1) 2002. [ps][pdf][bibtex]
· Performance Predictions for a Numerical Relativity Package in Grid Environments. Matei Ripeanu, Adriana Iamnitchi and Ian Foster. International Journal of High Performance Computing Applications, vol. 15(4), Winter 2001, Sage Publications. [ps][bibtex]
Supporting Efficient Execution in
Heterogeneous Distributed Computing Environments with Cactus and Globus; Gabrielle Allen, Thomas Dramlitsch,
Ian Foster, Tom Goodale, Nicholas Karonis,
Matei Ripeanu, Ed Seidel, and Brian Toonen. In
proceedings of SC 2001, November
Cactus Application: Performance Predictions
in Grid Environments; Matei Ripeanu, Adriana Iamnitchi, and Ian Foster;
European Conference on Parallel Computing (EuroPar),
· Data-Sharing Relationships in the Web, Adriana Iamnitchi, Matei Ripeanu, and Ian Foster, poster, WWW-12 conference, Budapest, May 2003.
Myth and Reality: Usage Patterns in a Large
Data-Intensive Physics Project, Adriana Iamnitchi and Matei Ripeanu,
poster, SC 2002, November 2002,
Architecture Case Study: Gnutella Network, Internet2 workshop:
Collaborative Computing in Higher Education: Peer-to-Peer and
Beyond, January 30-31, 2002,
Transport Level Protocols Performance
Evaluation for Bulk Data Transfers, poster,
SC 2001, November 2001,
· Large-Scale Systems Properties and Implications for a Decentralized Replica Location Service Implementation, TechTalk series, DSL/MCS Argonne National Laboratory, September 2001.
Masters defense: Issues of
Running Large Scientific Applications in a Distributed Environment;
· Myth and Reality: Usage Behavior in a Large Data-Intensive Physics Project, Adriana Iamnitchi and Matei Ripeanu, GriPhyN Technical Report 2003-4, November 2002, [ps].
Peer-to-Peer Architecture Case Study:
Gnutella Network, Matei Ripeanu.
Performance Predictions for a Numerical
Relativity Package in Grid Environments. Matei Ripeanu and Adriana
· Cactus-G Toolkit: Supporting Efficient Execution in Heterogeneous Distributed Computing Environments. Gabrielle Allen, Thomas Dramlitsch, Ian Foster, Tom Goodale, Nicholas Karonis, Matei Ripeanu, Ed Seidel and Brian Toonen, University of Chicago Technical Report TR-2001-27, July 10, 2000.
Other papers (non refereed)
Framework for Constructing Scalable Replica Location Services, Ann
Chervenak, Ewa Deelman, Ian
Foster, Wolfgang Hoschek, Adriana Iamnitchi, Carl
Kesselman, Peter Kunszt, Matei Ripeanu, Heinz Stockinger, Kurt Stockinger,
Brian Tierney, Global Grid Forum Document, GGF4,