Com Sci 501
Department of Computer Science
System Administration in Linux
The University of Chicago
- [18 December] I turned in final grades yesterday. I assigned 4
As, 4 A-s, 3 B+s, 8 Bs, 4
B-s, and 1 C.
- [18 December] Somebody left a grey notebook in my office. I put
it on top of your mailboxes.
- Autumn 1997, 29 September through 1 December, Mondays 5:30-8:30
PM, Cobb 214 (room subject to change).
Michael J. O'Donnell
- Office: Ryerson 165B. Lab: Ryerson 165A
- Office hours: Monday 3:00-5:00 PM, or by
appointment. Contact me by email
(firstname.lastname@example.org), phone at the office
(773-702-1269) or lab (773-702-1676), or phone at home
(847-835-1837 between 9:30 and 5:30 on days that I work at
home). You may drop in to the office any time, but you may find
me out or busy if you haven't confirmed an appointment. Check my
before proposing an appointment.
- CMP Tutors:
Last modified: Thu Dec 18 17:05:30 CST
- Required Text: Running Linux by Matt
Welsh and Lar Kaufman (Cowboy), O'Reilly & Associates, 2nd
edition 1996, ISBN 1-56592-151-8, $29.95.
- Recommended (for anyone without UNIX
experience): Learning the UNIX Operating System by Grace
Todino, John Strang, and Jerry Peek (Owl), O'Reilly &
Associates, 3rd edition 1993/1994, ISBN 1-56592-060-0, $9.95. This
is a very short ``Single Session Overview'' of the use of
- More books
Local Documentation for
the Class Project
Samples of Sys Admin Work
Similar Courses Elsewhere
System Administration Information
- SAGE, the System
Maintained by Michael J. O'Donnell, email: